Quote

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." Einstein, Albert

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Literacies

 

I agree with the book whole heartily that the benefits of digital text and how it will inevitably increase the critical thinking skills, as well as how the genre will promote understanding diversity. As a future teacher I will encourage my students to use digital text for communication, research and creating new projects.  Technology is here to stay and my students will need these skills to succeed in todays world of books.

 

A major resource of having a computer in the classroom is the internet. My students will have the ability you learn about new cultures,  view simulations for Science projects. When teaching it will behoove me to use the thousands of free books available on the Internet that are digitized versions of the traditional print books. I will use the internet as a tool to become a journey for students during class time. Eventually there will be minimal books in the class room, they will be replaced by tablets and hand held computer for students to do their text work. Just as text discusses the new genre is digital text and it's here to stay (Johnson, 2012). I will always have written text in my classroom regardless of text books being on computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment