Quote

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." Einstein, Albert

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nonfiction: Biographies and Informational Books



Using nonfiction books in the classroom adds a supplemental source of information on current topics of study. Students also gain exposure to a different type of literature.
 
Reasons I will use Nonfiction in my classroom:

For my students to learn about other children or significant events and people, where someone was born or died, about a person’s family and accomplishments, life events that occurred.

I will use nonfiction in my classroom for assignment to encourage my students to gather information, organize and summarize information. I will incorporate assignment that practice learning the difference between fact and fiction, and fact and opinion. Venn diagrams would be great when using nonfiction books so students learn to compare and contrast. Students doing a research project on a person or event are a valuable way to use nonfiction in the classroom.

 




 

 

 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment