Quote

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." Einstein, Albert

Friday, June 7, 2013

Historical Fiction

Historical fiction is a useful tool in the classroom. These types of books can be used for entertainment as well as learning life lessons. I think historical fiction is a great way to teach about history and it has a great imaginational twist with it. I would use role playing in my classroom to engage my students in the story line. Comparing and contrasting the difference between fiction and non fiction would be a key assignment as well.


When I think of historical fiction I think of the movies how they may be telling a true yet there are parts added to keep the suspense alive. I would use a writing assignment where students would research on the computer different historical events. After picking their event they would add to it, some twists and turns along making the event more engaging and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment