Quote

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." Einstein, Albert

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Diversity

The students in my classroom will be diverse so I  must teach with a diverse book selection. I want my students to see other cultures and life experiences as just important as their own. I will expose my students to different perspectives, insight, and possibilities by incorporating multicultural information and projects in my daily lessons. I will use ethnically diverse books when reading to my students and follow up with a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast cultures from our reading.

 

As discussed in the text it is most important to celebrate the success of multicultural literacy not only to increase awareness of the accomplishments of all ethnic groups but to encourage future writers and publishers (Johnson, 2012).  I will have guest speakers of diverse cultures to expose my students to a multitude of different cultures.  I plan on acknowledging all types of authors in our classroom will hopefully lead to a more accepting society. I will use the "Risky Books" of course only with the permission of the Principle and students Parents. I believe these book give my students the opportunity to understand facets of our humanity. The subjects I need to truly discuss with my students are "Risky" so are the important subjects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment